Bombora is looking for a highly energetic professional who is detail-oriented and analytical with a background in accounting or a related field to join our New York-based Finance team.
A passionate and effective communicator, the Revenue Accountant will act as a representative of the company by reaching out to clients and making inquiries about account balances. In this role, responsiveness to inbound requests and following up on accounts to ensure timely payments is critical. The person in this role will be a self-starter, who can handle multiple projects, with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across the team to tackle any issues arising from billing and collection.
The successful candidate must have the ability to thrive amidst the challenges of a fast-paced, often autonomous, constantly evolving startup environment and possesses a natural gift for engaging with clients and taking the initiative to achieve the target goals of the Finance team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with sales reps and handle Salesforce to track all contracts and invoicing for clients.
- Oversee the billing process by reviewing contracts and ensuring they are in accordance with company protocol, as well as initiating invoicing and tracking un-billed contracts to ensure a smooth work-flow throughout.
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with company procedures, customer requirements and terms and conditions of the contract.
- Establish and maintain schedules to track timely billing to record within the correct general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of revenue recognition from contracts and establishing journal entries to manage unearned income to revenue process.
- Administer Salesforce to ensure opportunity schedules match revenue recognition and verify balances by closing opportunities to proper revenue recognition.
- Manage AR aging reports and monitor risk and collectability of high risk accounts.
- Comply with all commission accounting policies and procedures.
- Daily monitoring of cash receipts and recording payments to the correct invoices.
- Assist the Finance team with monthly closing and year-end audit.
- Identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate billing, data entry errors, set up/system errors, etc.
- Special and ad-hoc projects (as assigned)
Desired skills and experience
- More than one year of experience in Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- Self-starter and demonstrated capability to manage projects.
- Methodical, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Quick learner and curious
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiar with, Intacct, Saleforce, and prior knowledge of DaaS considered a plus
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year university, or equivalent work experience within Finance or Accounting.
Who is Bombora?
Bombora is a global company headquartered in New York City, with offices in Reno and London. We have a startup atmosphere (e.g. casual work environment, in-office entertainment and snacks, regular team building social activities, an annual off-site in the Hamptons) and offer comprehensive benefits (e.g. flexible office hours, flexible leave, networking and career development). If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send a cover letter with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.